Spelt flour is high in fibre. Mix it with ground almonds, eggs and milk of your choice for a divinely fulfilling treat. I’m already thinking of breakfast tomorrow too!!
These are super easy (makes 4 medium sized delights)…
- 50g spelt flour
- 50g ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml milk (oat or almond milk work well)
- Pinch Himalayan/sea salt
- Coconut oil for frying
- Blitz all of the ingredients together in a blender, electric or hand whisk (madly) until it forms a batter.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil in a frying pan until sizzling.
- Add quarter of the mixture and allow to cook for a couple of minutes, using a spatula to lift the edges.
- Once the pancake sets…toss! Cook the other side for another few minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with your favourite topping – try honey/agave nectar, a squeeze of fresh lemon and some blueberries.